What is Holistic Healing?
“What is Holistic Healing?”
Holistic Healing, in my view, is all about learning how to fill our own cups! More specifically, it is adopting a self-care lifestyle, where we make a conscious effort to pay more attention to ourselves and our lives, as a whole, and work daily with natural tools, alternative methods, positive
More specifically, it’s adopting a self-care lifestyle, which helps us make a conscious effort to pay more attention to ourselves and our lives, as a whole. Once we become more self-aware of who we are, why we are the way we are, and what it is that we are lacking, we can then work daily with natural tools, alternative methods, positive actions and a positive mindset, to bring more joy, balance, health, and abundance to our lives.
Perfection is never the goal.
Does implementing more self-care and self-improvement mean that we are are aiming for a lifestyle that is perfect? HELL NO, Beauty! It’s about taking baby steps in a direction that is bringing you closer and closer to joy and feeling pretty damn good, most of the time, and working to this “pretty damn good feeling”, your normal!
Honestly, we all have our own sh*t that holds us back and drags us down. All of us, period.
For me, implementing more self-care, self-awareness and working with holistic tools like healing crystals, essential oils, oracle cards and personal/spiritual development books, even for just 5 minutes a day, helps me (and countless others) live a more balanced, recharged and happy life! People, especially parents, and people who work long hours are particularly good at ignoring themselves and their own basic human needs, beyond hygiene and eating… These are both important, obviously, but you need to give yourself more of than just regular showers and calories if you want to be truly happy…
People, especially parents, and those who work long hours on the job are particularly good at ignoring themselves and their own basic human needs, beyond hygiene and eating… These are both important, obviously, and if you get regular showers you are kicking WAY more ass than I was when I first became a mom, but you NEED to give yourself more of than just a bar of soap and calories if you want to be truly happy, healthy and fulfilled…
Self-awareness, personal responsibility, personal progress, filling back up our cups when we find ourselves depleted, and aligning ourselves with more things that bring us joy are the goals here…. NOT Perfection.
So, here is my question to you…
If you gave yourself permission to simply check in each day, for 5 minutes, with yourself to ask yourself what you need, and actually did it, how drastically do you think your life would change? I’ve been fucking miserable, but what I share in this blog are the exact baby steps that led me down a beautiful and sometimes hard as hell personal transformation that changed EVERY aspect of my life, for the better!
Unlearning, relearning, and committing to making positive changes for yourself and for those you love, usually WITHOUT immediate results is PAINFUL, but if you are sick of being miserable, and are sick of feeling half full, it’s necessary. You are not alone, but you do need to step up for yourself and decide to become your own best friend, cheerleader, motivator, advocate and ultimate support system.
No one can change your life for you. It’s time to take personal responsibility for who you are and what you have, including what you feel that you lack.
YOU need to be the one to jump into the driver’s seat, take back your personal power, put in the work and reclaim control over your life!
Me, prior to learning about Holistic Healing methods, and making my own self-care, a priority:
- I was insecure
- I was self-conscious I was needy for attention and other’s approval because my happiness and self-worth were based on how others treated me and lifted me up (ex. I thought it was my husband’s job to tell me I was pretty, so I felt good about myself.)
- I used negative self-talk and gossiped about others, a lot. Knocking others made me feel better about myself.
- I thought that my value was based on other people’s view and opinions of me, and the amount of money that I wasn’t making, since I was a stay at home mom, which made me bitter towards my family
- I expected others to make me happy
- I believed I was a victim of what I viewed as my “personal limitations”
- I believed others who were joyful and successful were given that joy and success or were just “lucky”
- I let fear fuel my excuses, in every area of my life that I needed to improve
- I was not self-motivated because I was lazy and didn’t want to put work in, in order to produce the change out outcome that I wanted to experience
- I was unwilling to fail, therefor unwilling to try
- Misery was my story, and my life was a reflection of my poor, entitled or “lacking” attitude towards myself, others, and The Universe
- I was ungrateful, unappreciative (because I was stuck in a lack mindset), and I settled for being unhappy and unfulfilled, using motherhood as my excuse.
- I saw no positive direction for my life, or my future because change felt so f*ing overwhelming, which made me feel trapped, depressed and ashamed, which lead to self-sabotage and numbing myself with food and TV.
- I cut myself off from people because I didn’t understand my own energetic and psychic experiences, which scared me, and I didn’t know how to protect myself, process the information, or handle my emotional and energetic discomfort…
Me, after deciding to improve, and committing to my own self-care, with holistic tools and positive actions:
- I learned to care about myself, as a person, who I saw worthy of my own time and love
- I’m still a bit self-conscious (remember, we are always a work in progress), but I am now the person who will buy herself flowers when I’m feeling down, will use self healing tools like healing crystals essential oils and cards, as I need them (which is OFTEN, lol), and will take the initiative to make myself feel good about the person I am, when I find myself in self-doubt.
- Outside love from others is always enjoyed and appreciated, but I am now ultimately my own source of support and love (which is the way it should be). Back then, when I didn’t love myself, how could I honestly expect others to? The pressure I use to put on others to fill me up must have been so draining, and I see that now.
- I catch myself when my thoughts shift from positive to negative, and I choose to change them.
- Even though I try my best to do good by everyone, there is no size fits all, when it comes to personality types, values, and personal belief systems. I will appeal to some, and I won’t appeal to others, and that’s okay! I appreciate what others offer and what I offer, and I know that the people who gravitate towards who I am and what I do, are the people whom I’m meant to serve, most! So that is the direction that I set my attention, no strings attached.
- If I find myself unhappy, I put in the work to change my circumstances, independently, and to the best of my ability
- I view my “personal limitations” as opportunities to grow and to think “outside of the box”
- I now know that people who are truly joyful and successful WORK FOR IT.
- I DO NOT allow fear to be an excuse. I process it and honor it as information, then I push past it. Fear is the doorway to self-improvement, and in some cases, the doorway to your dreams!
- I am 100% self-motivated and expect no favors or handouts from anyone. Period.
- I welcome failure with a full heart, because I know that failing forward, is the only way to progress!
- Gratitude is my story, and my life is a blessing, no matter how it looks, or what I get out of it. I’m truly the richest person on the planet, as far as I’m concerned. lol! I’m in love with my husband, we have a beautiful family, I have a career that I LOVE and love working my ass off for, and beautiful friends and team members who bring such fun and passion to my life and my work. I and my family are all healthy and safe… Honestly, what else is there to need? Everything else, even hard life lessons, are just added blessing from The Universe, and I’m so grateful for ALL OF IT.
- I see the future, and what I would love it to be, but I’m more focused on the now. Enjoying the small moments, and showing up as the best (imperfect) person I can be, for myself and others.
- Being around a lot of people still freaks me out, but I understand myself and my energetic experiences and I have a good grip on how to handle my energy and the energy of what’s around me. My discomfort in this “psychic” area of my life actually lead me to my career and the people who I love to educate and lift up! So in this case, my fear and energetic discomfort were the paths to my life purpose (outside of being a mom), and I’ve never felt more fulfilled, in my life!
Okay, so holy shi*t, Aly… What birthed all of this change!?
It wasn’t magic, my friends. It was a shift in MINDSET.
WHERE TO GO FROM HERE…
So Beauty… If you are like me (in my past mindset), you may be telling yourself;
“I’ve tried to make improvements in my life before, and it was too overwhelming and ultimately, I failed…
“I don’t know how to start trying again, where to start again, and I’m afraid to fail again.”
OK, so this is me just being real… I fail DAILY, but, failure is NOT something that moves us backward! It moves us forward because it teaches us how we can be BETTER.
I guarantee you that if you tried something, and in your mind, you “failed”, you didn’t actually emerge from that worse off than you were before you tried.
Sure, you may not have experienced the outcome that you were wanting, but I guarantee you grew as a person in some way. You LEARNED something.
Sometimes, people just get so balled up in the idea that “they failed”, they actually fail to see the good that came from their efforts and the experience, which in my view, is a missed opportunity.
From here on out, let’s promise our selves that we are going to chill out a bit, and be willing to fail forward. Because, Beauties, as soon as you let go of the fear that is holding you back, you will EXPLODE WITH LIGHT, into the person who you are meant to be, for yourself, for your family, and for this world!
Where do you start?
Your journey begins with following the rainbow! In this case, I refer to your this “rainbow” or, your “road map to wellness”, as “The Chakra System”. Please head over to my posts on “The Chakras”, located under the Self Healing Lessons tab in the navigation bar, and start there! They will be your path to discovering where you are, and how to get where you want to go… The chakras are your path to JOY, then from there, it’s just one foot in front of the other.
1. Hover over the image to the left, and click on the red “Save” pin button.
2. A box will pop up with the option to assign the pin to one of your existing Pinterest Boards, or you may create a new one that is more relevant to this content. This pin is already optimized, so there is no need to add any additional information in the pin description. Once pinned, it will automatically link you back to this URL, for easy finding, when you want to review it or share it with others in the future!
Start your FREE 5 Day Workshop, “Self-Healing While You Sleep”!
*Once you submit this form, please head over to your email inbox for instructions on how to access your free workshop content. Delivery can take up to 15 minutes.